You can plug in a Prius to charge it
You can plug in a Prius to charge it. The Prius comes with a charging cable that can be plugged into a standard 120-volt household outlet. This will charge the battery at a rate of about 4 miles of range per hour. If you want to charge the battery faster, you can purchase a Level 2 charging station that plugs into a 240-volt outlet. This will charge the battery at a rate of about 25 miles of range per hour.
To charge your Prius, follow these steps:
- Find a safe place to park your car. Make sure that the car is in park and that the parking brake is engaged.
- Open the charging port door. This is located on the right rear quarter panel of the car.
- Remove the cap from the charging port.
- Plug the charging cable into the charging port.
- Plug the other end of the charging cable into a standard 120-volt household outlet or a Level 2 charging station.
- The charging process will begin. You will see a green light on the dashboard of the car that indicates that the car is charging.
- When the battery is fully charged, the green light will turn off.
- To disconnect the charging cable, unplug it from the charging port first, then unplug it from the electrical outlet.
[…] Prius Charging […]